Did you know that the FCPS cell phone policy has been updated to allow students to use cell phones in the classroom for instructional purposes?
How can we put these phones to good use? Check out the various tools and apps that can be used simultaneously with school computers.
Cell Phone Use in the Classroom Parent Communication Forms:
- Class Related Cell Phone Use - (Word Document for teachers to edit and use with parents/students.)
- Sample student-parent cell phone agreement from Kid Cell Phone website
Edmodo: A free, secure social network for classroom use and teacher professional development. - http://fcps.edmodo.com/
Evernote: A great tool for teachers and students to capture notes, save research, collaborate on projects, snap photos of whiteboards, record audio and more. - http://evernote.com/
- Using Evernote to Support Students (PDF)
- Additional Evernote Resources (TRT Evernote page)
- Evernote Tutorial on YouTube
Dropbox: A secure online storage site with up to 2GB of free storage space that allows for easy sharing and collaboration of folders and files.
- Dropbox Handout for new users (FCPS TRT Created)
- Magic Pocket Dropbox Guide (From Dropbox)
- 6 Dropbox Integrated Apps for Smartphones and Tablets (FCPS TRT Blog Entry)
Google Calendar: Use Google Calendar as a teacher plan book. - https://www.google.com/calendar
OWA - Outlook Web App: Use the Calendar as a Teacher Plan Book - https://mail.fcps.org/owa
OWA Handouts - http://techservices.fcps.org/owa2010
Poll Everywhere: Gather live responses in any venue: conferences, presentations, classrooms, etc using a cellphone or computer. - http://www.polleverywhere.com/
Poll Everywhere Introduction (YouTube Video)
Quizlet: A flash card and study games website with over 12 million free sets of flashcards covering every possible subject. - http://quizlet.com/
Remind101: A safe way for teachers to text message students and stay in touch with parents. - https://www.remind101.com/
Twitter: Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. - https://twitter.com/
- Twitter Resources (TRT Twitter page)