If you have fired up Pixie from the Application Menu lately, then you have no doubt seen that the NEW version of Pixie is here. Pixie 3 by Tech 4 Learning allows students the ability to create their own original art and writing projects on their computer. Easy to use drawing tools make graphic design a snap for students in all grades. Teachers will find the pre-made lessons and activities easy to find and use with students, or can let their class start with a blank canvas where the only limit is a child's imagination.
New in Pixie 3
- Save all Pictures as ONE file! - At last students can save all over their artwork in ONE file instead of saving each picture seperately. This makes it much easier to create stories, comic books, and movies.
- Collaborate on Pixie Projects - Students now have the ability to work together on one Pixie project
- Get Published - Students can publish their work online in the password protected k12share.com site from Tech4Learning. More information about this will be available soon.
- New Drawing Tools - Some of the new tools include crayon, dry brush, and a marker. The drawing tools have been moved to the right side of the screen for more convenience.
- Interactive Full Screen Mode - Pixie 3 has a feature that optimizes the buttons and tools for use on interactive whiteboard users. There is even a "clone" feature which allows you to drag and drop copies of objects on the page. This is great for activities such as money, maps and globes, and counting.
To get started using Pixie 3 with your students today, check out the "Tutorials and Resources" for Pixie 3 section on the TRT Pixie 3 page.