Scholastic Keys works along with Microsoft Office programs to provide students with a kid friendly interface for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Scholastic Keys is made up of four seperate software programs: MaxWrite, MaxCount, MaxShow, and MaxData. Each program is packaged with a selection of pre-made lessons and activities that teachers and students can use directly out of the box. In addition, countless projects can be completed using the drawing tools, graphics, sound effects, and movies.
- Create original stories, journals, letters, or personal narratives
- Create factual paragraphs
- Have students use the newsletter template to share factual information that they learned
- Use graphic organizers and mini books
- Create kid-friendly PowerPoint presentations
- Show the relationship between charts and graphs in Max Count
Examples From Max Write
Example from Max Show
- Scholastic Keys software
- Microphone headsets (for recording narration in Max Show)
Benefits and Features of Using Scholastic Keys
- Kid-friendly toolbars
- New Features not found in the regular Microsoft Office (Max Paint, Max Recorder)
- Pre-designed document layouts
- Text-to-Speech recorder
- Kid friendly clip art
- Pre-recorded sound files
Resources and Tutorials
- Basic Toolbars for Max Write
- Print Materials: This link takes you to a page with a downloadable quick start guide, training guide, and information sheet.
- Curriculum Integration: At the top of this page, search the database for different lesson plan ideas. In addition, they provide web links to their lesson plans.
- FCPS Scholastic Keys Work At Home Agreement